Speed line shader/effect when boosting
#7
(25-09-2026, 11:07 AM)stbdev Wrote: Alayan, the suggestion of using the genericMaxSpeed was a good one, and I agree is a more elegant fit/solution for this problem.

Good!

(25-09-2026, 11:07 AM)stbdev Wrote: Additionally I wanted to test to make sure it works for multiple cameras/karts. I've taken a small video of a multiplayer lobby I joined as spectator which I think gives a good insight into a couple of things and thought it worthwhile to share.

Seems to work fine for spectating (as expected). I would also expect it to work fine out-of-the-box for splitscreen multiplayer, since the game is effectively rendering multiple scenes at lower resolutions.

One question that remains is what happens at extreme aspect ratios, say for example something like an extremely wide 4:1

(25-09-2026, 11:07 AM)stbdev Wrote: I did want to discuss/ask whether I should already try and hook up an option in the settings to toggle the effect on/off?

From what I recall, it should be reasonably quick to add a config parameter and a toggle in the advanced graphics settings dialog, so it's probably a good idea to do it. For testing it will be easier when e.g. testing performance with it on or off.

No need to integrate with the graphics presets or anything like that, however.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Speed line shader/effect when boosting - by Alayan - 25-09-2026, 07:05 PM

Forum Jump: