Yesterday, 07:59 AM
(Yesterday, 02:38 AM)Christopher Wrote: Hello, Camilo,
I don't mean to be overly critical, but perhaps because I don't like childish things, I don't understand what is going on; it resembles a childish cartoon. Nolok is missing, and where is Sara, Kiki, Konqi, and the other humanoids? You are portraying the animals as speaking when they are merely animals, otherwise, they should be thinking. Furthermore, Tux and also the others need to be depicted as much wiser than you have described them as.
What I wrote was a proof of concept, and, well, I'm anyways going to redo Act I from scratch, because I already knew it was full of technical problems by the time you sent me this reply.
Nolok is missing on purpose, because the characters are meant to look for who kidnapped Gnu (although that might change with the next Act I draft). Other characters are also going to be shown more gradually rather then them all being mashed into the first Story cutscene.
You said the characters should be thinking if they're talking. I'm trying myself, although it don't expect it for what they think to be obvious in the actual cutscenes.
Regarding their traits, I'm trying to make them flawed. That's why you might've seen them as unwise, and, to be honest, you're not wrong about that. However, don't forget that, even in real life, wisdom isn't guaranteed to come with age, and I'm very likely not wise enough myself.
Small fix about what I said in the previous post: by "alternate universe", I meant similar geography, very similar places, but noticeably different character personalities, and different lore(although heavy inspiration from STK/STZ canon is likely).
Kawa kawa kevasak, kawa kawa qua-qua-quack!

