Hi!
I stopped for a pretty long while now. Fortunately, I did manage writing a little.
But firstly, I wanna make sure that you know these things:
Anyways, this time, I'm trying to send you the tutorial 1 cutscene script draft. I'm also trying to use less distinct objects than in the very first draft I sent, for less useless details. Expect it coming out this week.
One thing though, I love writing, but I hate writing. By that I mean I am into writing things I love, but not into plots predefined by someone else. So I'm asking you a few answers, although not to be taken 100% as guaranteed verdicts, since, younno, FOSS projects aren't really fixed in place:
Well, I hope we can at least agree a little on something, especially because my target for not only the Story plot, but also STKE in general is, well, very high. I will try to not vanish from the forum for too long again.
I stopped for a pretty long while now. Fortunately, I did manage writing a little.
But firstly, I wanna make sure that you know these things:
- I'm currently abandoning character sheets. They're useless, misleading and just make me never actually work on scripts. I might redo them later on, but it's highly unlikely.
- I'm serious about contributing to STKE, and I've already thought of some other stuff I could do while also working on the Story plot. Precisely, redoing the STK/STKE website text, and maybe write a few blog posts.
- A kart racing game isn't the best medium to convey a story - that's the point. While anybody expects a good story from a good RPG, almost nobody expects it from a kart game; it hits harder, and whoever doesn't like it can just mash the skip button.
- This one is mostly for my internal peace, but I'll say it anyways: Do you remember when I said why I wanna make the Story Mode plot? Well, it's something I wouldn't talk about right now, what I said is just half the puzzle.
Anyways, this time, I'm trying to send you the tutorial 1 cutscene script draft. I'm also trying to use less distinct objects than in the very first draft I sent, for less useless details. Expect it coming out this week.
One thing though, I love writing, but I hate writing. By that I mean I am into writing things I love, but not into plots predefined by someone else. So I'm asking you a few answers, although not to be taken 100% as guaranteed verdicts, since, younno, FOSS projects aren't really fixed in place:
- Would you be fine with STKE taking place in a parralel universe compared to STK/STZ? If yes, I'm happy to define it myself.
- Would you mind giving my work to beta readers later on? It would be nice to have someone reply to my work with "When will Act X come out?" since I'm pretty much a procrastinator.
Well, I hope we can at least agree a little on something, especially because my target for not only the Story plot, but also STKE in general is, well, very high. I will try to not vanish from the forum for too long again.
Kawa kawa kevasak, kawa kawa qua-qua-quack!

